FlexHeat Underfloor Heating Cable - No Primer
A flexible simple to fit heating system designed to provide energy efficient floor warming or a full heating system as desired. This electric underfloor heating cable is particularly suited to small or intricate areas where heating mats can be more complicated to install.
The systems output is varied by altering the spacing of the heating cable, allowing 200W/m2 to be installed in conservatories and similar high heat loss areas. An additional benefit of this system is that it can be used beneath virtually any floor covering if covered with a levelling compound and installed with an output of no more than 160W/m2.
- When installed at 200W/m2 this system is suitable for providing a full room heating system, even in high heat loss areas such as conservatories
- Perfect for floor warming or room heating in standard rooms when installed at 160W/m2
- Alter the heat output to match your individual requirements - outputs from 80W/m2 to 230W/m2 are possible
- The compact FlexHeat range is designed for installers to be able to keep a small range of sizes in stock which can be mixed and matched to provide coverage for nearly any room
- When used with Heat Mat's intelligent thermostat timers (see below) this heating cable provides a more energy efficient and cost effective heating system than lower powered alternatives
- Particularly economic to purchase, and can be installed onto thermal insulation boards to provide a faster reacting and more economic heating system
- Significantly quicker to install than some alternative systems as there is no need to cover the entire heating cable with tape due to its high strength outer insulation
FlexHeat Cable converts electricity into heat with almost 100% efficiency, so the running costs of a system depend largely on the room’s insulation and the target temperature.
The better insulated a room is the less expensive it will cost to operate the underfloor heating system, with the largest benefit being obtained in installing thermal insulation boards directly beneath the FlexHeat Cable itself.
When installing FlexHeat Cable at an output of 150W/sqm onto a well-insulated floor, we would expect the underfloor heating system to operate on average for less than 40% of the time to provide a total heating system. With electricity costs of 10 pence per kilowatt hour this would lead to running costs of around 0.6 pence per hour when the heating system is running.*
- FlexHeat Underfloor Cable fact sheet
- FlexHeat Underfloor Cable installation instructions
- Heat Mat Retail Brochure
- Heat Mat Installer brochure
* Assumptions made for the above calculations:
- The FlexHeat Cable has been installed at an output of 150W/sqm
- The cable is installed on top of 10mm thermal insulation board, beneath standard ceramic tiles
- 100% of the floor is covered with underfloor heating
- The insulation in the property is up to the current Part L regulations
- The price for electricity is an average of 10p per kilowatt hour
- The system is run via Heat Mat's Part L Compliant 4th Generation NGT thermostat, with the anticipatory setting enabled
- The system is operating while the average ambient temperature is 10oC, and the system is heating the room on average for ten hours a day