Kidde 3SFW 230v Mains Fast Fit Heat Alarms
Two mains powered heat alarms for professional installation with battery backup; 3SFWR with re-chargeable polymer lithium cell back up and full 10 year gauarantee and 3SFW with alkaline Duracell battery and 6 year guarantee.
Developed specifically for social and private housing, Slick® is the only range of fast-fit rechargeable ionisation and optical smoke alarms, and heat alarms guaranteed for 10 years (when used with lithium battery). All Slick® alarms are BSi Kitemarked to reinforce the consistent quality provided by the world’s largest manufacturer.
Both models are mains powered (for professional installation) with back-up power, complying with current minimum requirements of the relevant Building Regulations for new housing, i.e. Grade D (BS5839, Part 6).
Heat Alarms are for use in humid or dusty environments where smoke alarms will not operate satisfactorily, such as kitchens, boiler rooms, unconverted attics and garages. They are triggered when the ambient temperature reaches 57°C and must always be interconnected with smoke alarms from the same product range.
- ‘Wireless Capability’ enabling use with Kidde Fyrnetics new Wireless Alarm Base (Model: RF-SFTP), for wire-free interconnection (see below).
- Compatible with Kidde Fyrnetics new Remote Test & Hush switch (Model: KN-RTH-RF) via the Wireless Alarm Base.
- Integral, double-decker screwless terminal block for fast, push-fit connection.
- Unique fast-fit system with separate base plate, enabling fitting after construction and removal for maintenance.
- Auto resets after activation with latching LED allowing the initiating alarm to be identified.
- Separate Hush & Test buttons for ease of use.
- Green & Red LED’s to indicate alarm status.
- Interlinkable with Slick® or Firex hard-wired smoke & heat alarms.
- Can be added to existing Slick® or Firex installations.
- Interlinkable with Kidde hard-wired CO alarms using ‘Smart Interconnect’ technology.
- Up to 6 months continuous operation from back-up cells, in the event of mains failure.
- 30 days low battery warning indicator.
Thermistor (Thermal resistor) within detection unit
Complies with BS 5446 Pt 2. 2003, as a Class A2 device, it will alarm at between 54ºC and 70ºC
Simulates the effect of smoke within the sensing chamber, checks electronics and sounder
Circuitry is tested every 40 seconds and unit beeps if fault is detected
230V AC, 50Hz (nominal UK Voltage)
In-built Lithium Polymer rechargeable Battery (Model 3SFWR) User-replaceable Alkaline Battery 9 Volt MX1604 (Model 3SFW)
Battery is monitored and unit emits a single chirp beep every 40 seconds if a fault is present
Continuous green LED
Electronic Piezoelectric sounder, (providing sound – three pulses; space; three pulses – in alarm state)
Alarm Sound Output
85dB (A) (minimum) at 3m
3.2 kHz typical
Red LED flashes rapidly indicating unit sensing fire event, rate typically once every two/three seconds
Red LED double flashes every 30 seconds to indicate the unit is the triggering unit (LED latches until test button pressed)
Red LED flashes once every ten seconds to indicate in hush condition, auto reset after seven minutes
0 to 40°C
Up to 93% Relative Humidity (RH)
Up to 24 of these units can be interconnected:
- 1 SFW, 1SFWR, 2SFW, 2SFWR smoke alarms
- 3SFW, 3SFWR heat alarms
- 423/9HIR, 423D/9HIR CO alarm (hard-wire, non-Slick
- relay base
Wireless Compatible Using appropriate Wireless Base
- Connectable via Wireless Base Model RF-SFTP (up to 15 units)
- Connectable as hardwire with ‘SMART® interconnect system
(up to 24 units as ‘interconnect’ detail above). Use with optional control (see below)
With the KN-RTH-RF Wireless Base Remote Test and Hush Unit,
when used with the RF-SFTP Wireless alarm base
Slick mounting base as supplied (deep base)
Base Cable Connections
Screwless Terminal Block with slot release feature for conductors
135mm diameter x 89mm depth (with Slick® mounting base)
10-years including the battery back-up (Model 2SFWR)
6-years excluding battery (Model 2SFW)
Kite-marked to BS 5446 pt 2 2003
(License no. KM503753) and CE tested and certified
BS 5839 Part 6 Grade D