Kidde Slick RF-SFTP Wireless Smoke Alarm Base with Rechargeable Battery Backup
For use with Kidde Slick® ‘Wireless Capability’ smoke and heat alarms. It fits in place of a standard smoke alarm base and enables a versatile system of interconnected alarm units to be set up without the need for an additional interconnection cable. The base has a rechargeable lithium battery designed to provide up to 3 months supply on mains failure. Both the base and the battery are guaranteed for ten years.
The base includes the Slick® mounting platform for the alarm unit and features a screwless terminal block connection system for the supply cabling. Cables can be push-fit installed and also released easily using a screwdriver in the release slot of the block. Due to the unique identification code for the units, the system can be installed in properties within close proximity to other RF and Kidde systems without cross interference to the operating system. Up to 15 alarm units can be interconnected, together with one KN-RTH-RF test and hush switch, in one system.
The RF-SFTP has an amber LED which also warns of the battery in the wireless alarm base being in a low state by its rate of flash (one flash every ten seconds). The RF-SFTP allows a system to be set up involving the selection of one base as a MASTER and the others to operate as REMOTES. The system operates as a monitored RF system, signalling to and from the MASTER unit which broadcasts every ten seconds, monitoring the responses from the REMOTES. On battery back-up, the units are not supervised but do ‘listen’ for signal messages. On mains power being restored the system re-establishes itself.
An RF-STFP base can be hard wired into existing Kidde Slick® and Firex smoke and heat alarms to provide wireless solution with further accessories.
Developed specifically for social and private housing, Slick® is the only range of fast-fit rechargeable ionisation and optical smoke alarms, and heat alarms guaranteed for 10 years (when used with lithium battery). All Slick® alarms are BSi Kitemarked to reinforce the consistent quality provided by the world’s largest manufacturer.
- If an attached smoke or heat alarm is activated into an alarm state, the wireless alarm base transmits an alarm activation signal using the 868MHz frequency range, causing the other smoke or heat alarm units to enter alarm state, operating as a system. When the triggering unit ceases alarm state the attached units in the system go back into standby state.
- The wireless alarm base has LED lights providing visual status information of the unit base showing signal strength reception, unit status identification (MASTER or REMOTE) and signal loss warning.
- The base has dual antennas with automatic ‘strongest signal strength’ selection and RF link monitoring (visual status by LEDs on mains healthy only)
- The bases each have a unique identification address and initial communication set-up is by a simple two-button operation saving time on installation.
Supply Voltage 230V AC, 50Hz (nominal UK Voltage)
Power Consumption Maximum 100 mA
Battery back-up Rechargeable Lithium Polymer Battery
Power-On Indicator Green LED with additional flash rate feature indicating ‘MASTER’ or ‘REMOTE’ status
Alarm Frequency 868 MHz
Wireless Range Greater than 150 metres in free space
Alarm Status Amber LED and Green LED provide flashing patterns indicating unit is MASTER or REMOTE operating normally, has a low battery, and signal strength visual flash rate in set up mode. Constant Green and Amber shows out-of-box condition prior to setting-up. (See user manual for further details)
Temperature Range 0 to 40°C
Humidity Range Up to 95% Relative Humidity for base (alarms are up to 93% RH)
Interconnect Up to 15 of these units can be interconnected:
- 1 SFW, 1SFWR, 2SFW, 2SFWR smoke alarms
- 3SFW, 3SFWR heat alarms
Interconnect Options - Connectable via Wireless frequency up to 15 units
- Connectable as hardwire to existing system as upgrade. (Note only one RF wireless base is hardwired into existing system,the remainder via RF).
Use with optional control (see below).
Optional Controls With the KN-RTH-RF Wireless Base Remote Test and Hush Unit
Fixing Screws and wall/ceiling plugs provided for base and unit. Incorporates Slick® mounting platform for alarm units. Base Hole Spacing Three holes in line – spacing 60mm, 80mm and 20mm approximately
Dimensions 127mm diameter x 35mm depth
Weight Single unit in box – 248 grams Single unit out of box – 179 grams
Guarantee 10-years, including battery back-up, from date of purchase
Approvals CE compliancy
EMC directive 89/336/EEC
R&TTE Directive 99/5/EC
ETSI EN 301 489-1 V1.8.1 (2008-04)
ETSI EN 301 489-3 V1.4.1 (2002-08)
ETSI EN 300 220-1 V2.3.1 (2009-04)
ETSI EN 300 220-2 V2.3.1 (2006-04)
Associated Standards BS 5839 Part 6 Grade D accessory (to be used with smoke and heat alarms). Provides an element of central control if used with the KN-RTH-RF. Remote Test and Hush unit as Grade C