Scantronic 3a Smart Power Supply EXP-PSU
The Scantronic EXP-PSU is a 3a PSU designed for Scantronic i-ON and Menvier wired or wireless control panels. A bus connected power supply that reports it's status to the control panel and is available remotely via downloader and web browser interface. The EXP-PSU has capacity for a maximum of 10 zones and 20 outputs including a plug by harness that mimics the panel plug by harness. The EXP-PSU also has semi automatic address and the expander location system in common with other expanders.
- 3A supply. Independently charge and monitor one or two batteries. Mix and match batteries to meet system standby requirements: Maximum 2 x 17Ah.
- Added flexibility for i-onEX installations. 10 zones onboard. 16 plug-by outputs for local connection of a communications device. Four transistorised outputs.
- Easy to install and configure.Mains plus simple bus in/out connection. Semi-Auto addressing for speed and device numbering integrity. Self installs; once addressed, go straight to adding detection zones.
- Simple to service and support. Unique audible bus device locator. Power monitoring through keypads or web interface.
- All i-on panels with software version 4.0 or above
- Menvier40, Menvier100, Menvier300
The power supply comprises a steel case containing a pcb (printed circuit board) and space for up to two 17Ah backup batteries. The unit can monitor and charge each battery independently and an installer can use combinations of batteries to meet their standby requirements.
The pcb also provides connectors for four transistorised outputs, 16 plug-by communicator outputs (mirroring those on the control unit), and up to 10 FSL (Fully Supervised Loop) or five CC (Closed Circuit) zones.
The EXP-PSU connects to the i-on control unit and the rest of the alarm system by means of the system bus, providing monitoring messages to the control unit over the bus. These messages include Remote PSU Fault, Remote AC Fail, Remote Battery Fail, and Remote Low Output Voltage.
During installation the EXP-PSU uses the same semi-automatic addressing procedure as other i-on expanders. The unit also provides an audible locator and allows power monitoring through the system keypads or the web-browser within the i-on control unit.
The EXP-PSU is designed and approved to be used as part of a Security Grade 2 or 3 system
Graham Greenfield (24.01.2017.)Scantronic are a manufacture I have used for many years