Smart WiFi Doorbells
With Smart WiFi Doorbells there is no need to ask who is at the door, simply see for yourself with the built-in camera. We have smart doorbells in all shapes and sizes by leading brands including Ring, ESP and Link2Home, so you can find the right type to suit you and your home. Explore amazing features such as HD video footage, motion detection and two-way audio that allows you to speak to visitors as well as warning off any trespassers.
What are Smart WiFi Doorbells?
Smart doorbells use a WiFi connection to inform individuals when a visitor arrives at the door. This is all done through a smartphone app, allowing the homeowner to be instantly see who the visitor is via the in-built camera within the doorbell, which also allows the owner to speak directly to the person on their doorstep.
It activates when the visitor presses the button of the doorbell, or alternatively, when the doorbell senses a visitor with its built-in motion sensors. This then allows the owner to use the smartphone app to watch and speak to the visitor via the doorbell's built-in high-definition infrared camera and microphone.
Smart WiFi doorbells are becoming increasingly popular due to the huge success of the Ring video doorbell, which includes ranges such as Ring Video Doorbell Pro Wi-Fi Doorbell - 8VR4P6-0EU0 - and the Ring Video Wi-Fi Video Doorbell 3 - 8VRSLZ-0EU0 - and with more ranges being constantly developed and released by numerous manufacturers, their presence across homes throughout the UK and worldwide is only going to grow with each passing year.
Why Buy a Smart Doorbell?
There are a number of advantages to owning a WiFi connected doorbell and, below, we take a look at them in more detail:
1. Effective Burglar Deterrent - Similar to Burglar Alarm Systems, simply having a smart WiFi doorbell will acts as a deterrent to any would-be burglars, helping to prevent home break-ins, package thefts, and any although home related damage.
In fact, according to research, is has been recorded that 83% of burglars would check to see whether a home was fitted with a smart security device before they attempt to break into it, with around 60% of them choosing to avoid any homes that was secured with burglar alarm systems, video doorbells and other security devices.
2. Package Confirmation - If you are expecting to receive a package to your door but you're stuck at work, smart doorbells such as the Ring video doorbell, are incredibly useful. No longer will you have notes pushed through your letterbox that your parcel has been returned to the mail sorting office or left with a neighbour, instead you can speak directly to the delivery person to inform them where you want them to leave your package whilst you're out of the house.
3. Turn Away Unwanted Guests - Fed up of receiving unwanted people knocking on your door, such as door-to-door sales people? If so, smart WiFi doorbells are perfect for you, as they allow you to immediately check who has knocked on your door via your smartphone app and, if you don't want to deal with them in-person, you can instantly inform them that you are not interested in what they are offering via the two-way intercome on the wired or wireless video doorbells.
4. Compatible with Other Smart Devices - As with the majority of smart devices these days, WiFi doorbells work perfectly with devices such as Amazon Alexa, Google Home Hub, Apple Homekit, and more. What does this mean? Well, if you own a smart doorbell and a smart lock, not only can you view and speak to the person standing at your door but, if you know them personally, you can also unlock the door for them to enter your home. So, no more getting off that comfy sofa to answer your door ever again!
5. Easy to Install and Relocate - When moving home, most of us wouldn't think twice about taking our doorbell with us - largely due to the fact that traditional doorways are permanently installed - but, with Smart WiFi doorbells that is a thing of the past thanks to them being incredibly easy to install and relocate, as required.
Not only are they quick to install - around 5-10 minutes or so - they are just as easy to remove, making the whole process easy for even those usually afraid of modern technology.
Not Sure Which Product to Buy?
Simply get in touch with Alert Electrical today and one of our experts will explain the best product to buy based on your personal requirements and needs.